What is Polygon (MATIC) and how to get an instant MATIC loan
Polygon (formerly known as MATIC) became popular amidst the long Ethereum 2.0 delays. People looking for a solution to the high gas fees and scalability issues on Ethereum eventually created MATIC for the Ethereum network. It’s a complicated topic but to try and put it simply, Polygon is a framework that enables interconnectivity between various blockchain networks. Polygon is an entire platform that developers can use to launch interoperable blockchains and can launch preset blockchain networks tailored to their own specific needs. The network consists of four layers: The Ethereum layer, security layer, Polygon network layer, and execution later.
Pros and Cons of Polygon (MATIC)
- Decentralization: Polygon is faster, cheaper, and more decentralized than top competitors like Binance Smart Chain (BSC).
- Developer friendly: Developers love Polygon since it was created with some of the best minds in software development. It’s an extremely user-friendly network for developers.
- Fast adoption: DeFi titans like SushiSwap, Aave, and Curve all rushed to adopt Polygon due to its fast block time and cheap gas fees. More are soon to follow.
- Security: The layer 2 solution of Polygon uses Ethereum for security
- Scalability: Polygon has a unique framework that lets developers make their own scaling solutions. This creates more flexibility and circumnavigates developmental hurdles.
- Low token demand: Despite the innovation of Polygon, there are not many use cases for the MATIC token since Polygon fees are already so cheap.
- Ethereum 2.0: Ethereum 2.0 is coming soon and it aims to address the high gas fees and scalability issues that Polygon addresses. Hence, this may affect Polygon eventually.
- Matic Plasma Chains: Many developers complain Matic plastic chains are not versatile.
How to get an instant MATIC loan
There are plenty of great reasons to keep HODLing MATIC. So don’t sell it. Use it as collateral for an instant MATIC loan. Unlike your traditional bank, getting a loan at YouHodler is easy. Simply deposit MATIC, choose a loan plan, and within minutes, you’ll receive your cash, crypto, or stablecoin loan. Additionally, we have custom loan plans on request and a variety of currency options to choose from.
Whether you want MATIC to USD, MATIC to EUR, MATIC to GBP, or more, we’ve got you covered. With an industry-best loan to value ratio of 90%, YouHodler guarantees you’ll get more money for your collateral.
How to borrow Polygon - How does it work?
With our Crypto-Backed Loan service, you can borrow BTC, USDT, USD, EUR, GBP, or CHF only. That means if you want to borrow MATIC you first must convert one of the above to fiat and convert it to MATIC using our exchange service.
Polygon loan calculator
You can use our MATIC loan calculator with different loan plans to find the best option for you. You can see all parameters on the form such as loan duration, price down limit, and loan repayment. If you want to loan Polygon, please check the calculator first to see which plan works best for you.
Polygon lending process
Polygon lending is easy with YouHodler. Just open and verify your account, deposit your crypto to the wallet and use it as collateral for your future MATIC loans.
It's worth trying! Forget selling your
with instant crypto backed loans on YouHodler
If you would like to learn more about crypto credits, please continue to the app. Start boosting your crypto portfolio now with YouHodler's crypto lending, convert, buy and sell options.